Tuesday 14 May 2013

How to scare your mother.

So I called my mom up today to wish her a belated happy Mother's Day. I hear it ring a couple of times and then I can hear her talking to someone as she answers the phone. And then I get greeted with an "Is everything OKAY?!?!" in a very alarmed tone of voice. "Um... yeah Mom... I'm a bad daughter and didn't call you two days ago for Mother's Day, why?" "Oh, the weirdest thing just happened. Your brother called not 30 seconds ago and I didn't answer. When you called right away, I thought something was wrong."

*headdesk* My brother and I should have been born as twins. I mean... really.

I then had my own phone beep as I got an incoming call that I've been waiting for, so I hastily (*cough* basically) hung up on my poor mother.

Yep, that's how we roll for Mother's Day around here.

No comments: