Friday 7 October 2011

Celebrating Slamboni

Last night I ventured out to "The Betty" and became, for the evening, Slamboni's favorite birthday present.  She wasn't able to join me on the track for CCR's practice but nevertheless, we both had a fantastic time by just being in the same space again.  We're both almost bursting with excitement while we tick down the days until we hit the ice for the 2011-2012 hockey season.  It's been too long since we've had sticks in our hands and skates with blades on our feet.  

With several of Slamboni's teammates asking for help on specific topics, I just might have to return to Betty in the coming weeks to make sure we get those concerns addressed.  That, and Betty proved to be a whole new set of challenges for this roller girl.  Just when I thought I had finally tweaked my skates into perfection, Betty's unique floor threw a wrench into it all.  I'm on a quest now to "catch" Betty and understand her secrets.

No comments: